Incredible India- welcome in my blog

This blog is about to follow my 4 week-long CSC ( Corporate Service Corps) assignment in India, Coimbatore. Enjoy!!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thought for the day- Coimbatore Day 1& 2 were flying away


Finally the BIG DAY has come. Left the cold Hungary ( the car was showing -16 °C when leaving Kiskunfélegyháza) and at 4.15 p.m. I departed from Budapest to start my incredible journey to the far Asia. I changed flights at Doha in the middle of the night- sooo glamorous, lighted skyscrapers, simply amazing :))
Arrived at Delhi in time- landed at 7:55 Saturday morning. Very tired, but very very happy to be in India, for the very first time in my life :) At Delhi airport I had 4-5 hours for my domestic transfer.

Waiting at Delhi airport

With my baggage and one of my favorite books with myself I was having great time while waiting for my connection. People were smiling at me, kids were running around, coming to me and kept on smiling. What a nice start of the day!! Then I departed to Coimbatore, my final destination at 13:35 p.m.Prof.A.Alagarsamy was waiting for me at the airport of the town which will be our home for the next 4 weeks. He welcomed me very warmly. Even if I was very tired as I could not really sleep on the plane we had a great talk and besides a lot of nice information, I got aware that mango season is going to start in India! Yammy :))

Coming out of the terminal the warm wind just blew onto my face, sun was shining... that's all I was dreaming of in the past few weeks.. :))) The drive to the hotel was strange for me who is used to the European driving style...When arriving everybody except Alison - she arrived on the 12th- was together in the lobby. Grazey run to me, Sandra gave me a big hug :) .. so finally after so many months I can put faces to the names and I am very happy to know everybody personally. :)

I just had a quick shower and went for a walk with the team around the hotel. While walking I could experience what Indian traffic is all about- never stop honking... people, bikes, cyclists, passengers are all on the road.. Coimbatore is really busy even in the evening.

We had a lovely team dinner by tasting traditional Indian food... good advice: never ever start with the spiciest one.. otherwise you won't feel the taste of any other meals...:) Except the chicken which was too spicy for me, but was delicious for others - so simply my "spice level" is very slow- the food was very nice, we tasted a lot of different dishes, so it was a wonderful evening.

I had a great night- 10 hours sleep--waking up at 9 Sunday morning. Had a quick breakfast then visited a nice temple.We took the rickshaws..using this fancy yellow cab is getting more and more exciting every day :)
A lot of people were in the temple, praying to Gods- as they pray to lot of Gods- which was simply amazing.
We met a living God who was praying for our team. He was very kind an open just like everybody in India. It is an incredible country, you just walk by and people are smiling. We came back to the hotel, had some nice Indian pizza for lunch and had our orientation meeting with the team. Tomorrow we are going to have the kick-off meetings with the clients.. I am sooo excited :))

After some rest we had dinner in a nice vegetarian restaurant, I choose a kind of bean with sauce and some other vegetables- was really delicate.

The first 2 days were flying away so quickly and as it is in the middle of the night in Coimbatore let me wish you a great night / evening in Hungary with the though of the day at the entry of the temple:

"All work is blessed when we allow God to work through us to reach others."



#ibmcsc
#india15


No comments:

Post a Comment