Incredible India- welcome in my blog

This blog is about to follow my 4 week-long CSC ( Corporate Service Corps) assignment in India, Coimbatore. Enjoy!!

Monday, January 23, 2012

CSC assigment- let's get started!

CSC assigment- let's get started!

This is my first blog ever- and I have never imagined that one day I will write about my adventures/ experiences in a blog but this unique opportunity in India definitely deserves to share my experiences with family, friends and other IBM-ers and to never forget the feelings this one month is going to give me.
Early last year I applied for the Corporate Service Corps program within IBM. In June my widest dreams came true when I was notified that I am going to travel to India for an assignment. After long months filled with pre-work, weekly calls and presentations I am going to leave on the 10th February to start my one month-long adventure in Coimbatore, India. 12 persons have been selected from all over the World to form the India 15 team. We are going to work in groups of 3 ( 4 teams altogether) on different projects. My teammates are Grazey from Manila ( The Philippines) and Govert  from Colorado (the  U.S.). Our project is an expansion plan of a rural health training center for  PSG, a non-profit organization in South India.
The past few weeks were quite busy and as I get closer to my departure date I am getting more and more excited with a longer and longer to do list before I leave. I am full with expectations as I am sure that this one month will bring a significant change in my life. This is a great possibility to share our expertise and knowledge  in order to progress on personal level and to make difference in Coimbatore's community's life.
Asia has always been very attractive for me and the Indian culture seems very interesting. I cannot wait to pack my belongings and arrive in the sunny Coimbatore!



Regards from Hungary,



Timi

#ibmcsc india15


No comments:

Post a Comment